What's in my cosmetics bag: Natural Edition
I love New York City. It is absolutely like no other place on earth... and I will always be happy to call it home. But sometimes, it's good to get away. My guy and I decided to head upstate to get some peace and quiet last weekend. I decided to use this trip as an opportunity to ease up on the amount of product I've been putting on my face. Disclaimer: As a part of my job, I have to look presentable almost every night of the week. I have to stand next to men dressed in full tuxedos, so I try to look the part. Often, that means a full face of makeup. Don't get me wrong. I am all about that full face of makeup. Getting ready for work is always a blast. But as much as I love contouring, winged liner, and a good smoky eye, sometimes it's good to detox the makeup routine a little bit!
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue: My favorite "no makeup" base, it gives sheer-medium coverage. Kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It helps to even out some redness and give a little life back into my face! It has SPF30 too, so it's great for those days you don't want to pile on product, but still need sun protection!
- Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector: To be fair - I don't have a huge problem with bags under my eyes. So I just use my ring finger to dab a tiny bit where I tend to see some darkness.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: This stuff is awesome. I tend to get to get dark spots and hyper-pigmentation from the occasional acne issue. A tiny bit of this gives me the coverage I want, but leaves my skin still looking like skin.
- Burberry Fresh Glow Compact Powder Foundation: I have pretty oily skin, so I use the tiniest bit of this in my t-zone to set my base. This powder foundation is awesome because it doesn't ever look like I'm wearing powder, just leaves a nice healthy finish.
- Burberry Blush Light Glow - Natural Blush in "Earthy": I cannot say enough good things about this blush. I don't even consider it a blush. To me, it has enough of a brown tone to double as a bronzer. I just sweet a very conservative amount around my cheekbones, the apples of my cheeks, and temples. If you're looking for a "I'm wearing blush" kind of blush, this is not for you. But if you just want the most sublet warmth to your face, then go get this. Immediately. Seriously. Now.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in "Warm Brunette": The most natural eye-brow product I have ever used. I used to be a Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz kind of girl, but I have been converted. The product comes out in a much thicker shape, but it is shaped in a triangular form. So you can use the thicker side to fill in sparse areas, and then small angular tip for detail-work.
- Glossier "Boy Brow": Glossier's latest product release. This is the best brow gel I have ever used. The applicator brush is nice and teeny, so if you have sparse brows like me, you won't be in danger of over-applying! Keeps hairs in place, but doesn't ever look unnatural or glued down. Bye-bye crunchy/shiny brows!
- Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara: I'm currently testing this one out, so I don't have much to say about it yet. It definitely gives you natural 'I woke up like this' lashes. And it doesn't smudge. That's all I know - will update later!
- Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow (Shade 05): These eyeshadow crayons are starting to show up everywhere. Marc Jacobs, ByTerry, and Laura Mercier all do them. But they all tend to be a little over-priced at $25+ each in my opinion. Kiko does great shadow sticks, and they are smudge-proof. There's about 30 shades, which is awesome. I have about 5. My favorite part? Each one costs less that $10.
- Korres Lip Butter in "Wild Rose": This is a new purchase for me. But I can't get enough of this lip balm. It is so conditioning on your lips, making them feel so soft. I have the original clear lip butter (Guava flavored!) for night-time as well. But this particular shade leaves such a nice sheer tint on the lips, making it a great pick for natural or no-makeup kind of days.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in "Honey": Yes. I brought 2 lip products. These lip treatments aren't my favorite things in the world. But only because they make me feel like I'm addicted to them. The scent is my favorite part (reminds me of lemonade or Sprite?), and it's nice to have a lip product that has SPF for when you're going outdoors.